This past weekend Adam and I headed back to MI for Fink & Sarah's wedding. Because we procrastinated in purchasing the tickets we had to fly out of JFK to get a flight for under $500. I took a half day at work on Friday so that we could catch the 4:00 flight. Driving into the city to go to the airport is quite a pain in the ass, but JFK was actually a really nice airport. We parked in the economly lot and took a shuttle bus to the airtrain station. We got to the airport with plenty of time. Our flight arrived into Detroit on time and I my mom and sister picked us up. I was so excited to see my mom. I'm not sure if I saw my parents this much when I was in college, but I was only 1 & 1/2 hours away, so it was nice to know if I wanted to see my family, I could. Now, it's definately not as easy, but I get so excited to see everyone. We hung out with my parents on Friday and got up early to get ready for the wedding.
The wedding was in East Lansing at 1:30, and when we arrived to Kellogg at noon our room wasn't ready. We ended up going to Emily and Mike's hotel room to change and get ready. It felt like 11F all over again, all 4 of us in 1 bathroom.
The ceremony was gorgeous, and Sarah looked so beautiful. We were all pretty geeked about the reception, and I couldn't wait to hang with everyone. I miss all of our friends in Michigan, and maybe one day we'll move back there. The reception was gorgeous, and the "surprise guest" ended up coming at around 9:00pm. Sparty came all the way back from Indiana, and stayed for long enough to do the Macarena (god, I hate that song), air guitar with Jason, and get pictures with everyone. I'll be sure to post them as soon as I get them off Adam's computer.
On Sunday we went to breakfast with Aaron (Adam's brother), Emily and Mike before we headed back to St. Clair Shores for Ashley's birthday celebration.
My mom made a fabulous dinner for everyone, complete with a Hodell's cherry chip birthday cake. Ashley got some awesome gifts and it was good just to be at home with my family... I can't wait for the holidays!!!
That's about all. This week has been pretty uneventful, and with Adam being gone this weekend I don't know what I'm going to do. I told Jim it was his job to keep me occupied as I will go crazy if I have to sit at home alone for anymore than 10 minutes. Tomorrow night is the OC an after missing last weeks episode, I'm looking forward to tomorrow nights show. I'll be sure to post several times in the next week, as I'll have plenty of time to occupy myself. I will try to post pictures from this past weekend too... maybe the one of Adam and I with Sparty!
1 comment:
The wedding sounded like fun. I just got done checking out the photos on 'lifers site and then seeing yours with the one of you and Adam and Sparty was awesome. Can you email that one to us? It has calendar shot written all over it!
Post a Comment