My plans quickly changed for the weekend. It ended up that I didn’t have to baby-sit and I drove down the shore after work on Friday. Adam and I picked up John at the train station for his 1st weekend down the shore this summer. Once we arrived there was already a bunch of people at the house and I got excited for what I thought was going to be a fun night. Keith, John, Giancarlo, and Dave were all special guests that evening but I was far too tired to keep drinking and decided to skip the bar and sleep instead.
On Saturday all of us went to the beach. This weekend the water temperature was 72 degrees and once the initial chill passed it felt more like bath water than the cool ocean from the week before. It was nice to have everyone on the beach for once instead of the usual few.
That evening instead of barbequing we took the short drive to Point Pleasant and had dinner at a small seafood restaurant. The food was pretty good and reasonably priced. Adam complained a bit about portion size, but he was able to eat my and everyone else’s leftovers at the table. After dinner we went back to the house and hung out for a bit. My friend Lindsay came down after she got out of work and arrived in time to go to the Osprey for a couple drinks.
On Sunday Lindsay and I headed to the beach. We stayed for almost 2 hours, but then headed back to the house as Adam and I had to leave a little early since I had to visit a family interested in having me sit for them. We didn’t make our usual stop at Wegman’s on the way home, but made it home in time to shower and relax a bit.
I’m still not sure how I feel about having the house for next year. This weekend was a great example of a typical weekend down the shore, and I can’t say that I’m as excited about it as I was a year ago. I guess I’ll have to wait and see what the rest of the summer brings!
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a relaxing weekend down the shore! Enjoy the remaining ones...as summer quicklyly comes to a close! We're taking Aaron back to MSU this weekend. Doesn't it seem like only weeks ago that we were all in Michigan for his graduation?
Post a Comment