I'm still waiting for the Fall weather to hit the East Coast, but in the meantime you won't hear me complaining.
Saturday provided a great day to go into the city. Cindy had bought me tickets to see Spring Awakening for my birthday so I met her in Times Square at Maxie's for lunch before the show. I love their mushroom barley soup and I've also started to really enjoy pastrami on rye, which is what Cindy and I had.
After lunch we killed some time at the M&M store across the street. As if Times Square isn't enough of a tourist trap, this store is probably one of the worst. I don't even like M&M's all that much and find them to be one of the more boring candies, however, people seem to flock to this place. They have 3 floors of M&M merchandise with everything from flip flops to christmas ornaments. They also have a huge wall with every color of M&M's where you can make your own combination. A small bag of M&M's that you could get trick or treating could easily run you over $4.00 here.
After the M&M store we headed over to the theater for the 2:00pm show. The music was amazing but it was definately much different than I imagined. It was extremely sexual and there were some points during the play where people actually walked out. The sign on the door that reads "this show is intended for mature audiences only" is is certainly meant to be taken seriously. I do reccommend seeing Spring Awakening for it's moving story line and amazing soundtrack, but don't take your underage daughter, niece, etc.
After the show I grabbed a cab up to Blondies. Michigan State was taking on THE Ohio State Buckeyes at 3:30pm. The play finished around 4:15pm, so I had plenty of time to catch the rest of the game. I made it there before halftime and found a group of girls to sit with. One of the girls, Deena, I had met at a previous watch party. It was great to talk with her more and meet more friends in the city, especially since her and I share the same love for Yogi's.
After leaving Blondies I took the train back to NJ and met Mason for a movie. We went to see "Things we Lost in the Fire" which was a good film but not as emotionally moving as I wanted. It was also very slow moving and after a long day I didn't have much patience. Nevertheless it was good to get out and have a productive day visiting with all different people and friends.
On Sunday morning I was back on the upper west side for The Wiggles in concert. I went with the kids I babysitt for and was suprised at all the songs I knew. It was great to go and see how happy it made them. After the concert I went home, ate some lunch and took a much needed nap. Adam set up the Wii he got me for my birthday and I made some delicious meatloaf for dinner. We spent the rest of the night relaxing and watching TV, which was exactly what I needed.
1 comment:
You posted this one just after I last checked but since we'd talked, I knew most of what you blogged! New factoid though...pastrami on rye! Wow! Who knew?
Post a Comment