Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Nice, Relaxing Weekend


This past weekend, the weekend before Memorial Day, was always the first weekend down the shore. Not having the tiny house in Manasquan as our summer retreat is going to be difficult, but this past weekend proved that there's plenty to do and great friends to do things with.
On Friday Adam and I had a fairly low key evening. We met some friends at a small local bar and only stayed out until 11:30pm or so.
On Saturday morning Kendra drove in from Long Island. We went over to Fink and Sarah's house for dinner and had another low key, but relaxing evening. We started with wine and snacks and then had a very delicious meal. We had London broil, salad, pasta salad, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes. After dinner we went to a local ice cream shop and further gorged ourselves with more delicious goodness. After returning back to Sarah and Fink's we all put our pajamas on and played a couple rounds of Apples to Apples before falling asleep by 11:00pm... we're getting so old!!!
On Sunday morning we headed West to the Delaware Water Gap for some hiking. This was my 2ND trip and Kendra's 1st but I do think I did much better than the first time. We ended up hiking for about 3.5 hours and got a very decent work out. We took a different trail than the first time, and saw some amazing views! It was great to get out and do something that didn't require spending lots of money and also provided "natural" entertainment.
I don't know what it is but I feel so mature when I go hiking. It's on a different page then spending the day at the bar... I guess it's nice to know I can do both :)


No comments: